How long is a tour?
- Each tour is approximately 2 1/2 hours and goes to three establishments within the Riverhead area.
Where will the tour take us?
- Tours stop at three locations, consisting of Long Ireland Brewery, Crooked Ladder Brewing Company, Moustache Brewing Company, and/or The Birchwood of Polish Town. The three breweries brew beer on site and have tasting rooms so you can learn about the brewing process while you sample their varieties. The Birchwood of Polish Town is a great local bar with many craft beers and wines to choose from. (Tour stops are subject to brewery/bar hours and our scheduling. If one isn't open for a certain tour time or holiday, the tour will be adjusted accordingly. If you would like to request a specific stop, please email us and we will do our best to accommodate your request.)
Are tastings at the breweries or bar included in the price of the tour?
- Tastings are not included so that you have the freedom to pick what you would like. Choose a flight of different beers or select a full pint of one kind. There are many options are each location!
Is there a minimum age requirement?
- All participants must be 21+ (even the designated driver).
What is the cancellation policy?
- If you choose to cancel within 72 hours of your tour, we can issue you a rain check to come on a tour at another time (no monetary refund). If you cancel with less than 72 hours notice, no refund or rain check will be issued. If you fail to show up for your tour, no refund or rain check will be issued.
- Important to Note: If we do not have 8 people signed up for a tour, we will need to adjust the tour times to combine a few scheduled tours and fill the bike. We cannot operate the bike without the minimum amount of people but will do our best to accommodate your group in any way we can. In the rare situation that we do have to cancel, you will receive a full monetary refund if we are unable to reschedule your reservation.
What if the weather is bad?
- The tour goes rain or shine, however if there is severe weather warnings (lightning, snow, and/or ice), we may have to cancel the tour and will contact you with as much notice as possible. If we cannot accommodate you on a future tour, you will receive a full refund. If you have questions about the weather on the day of your tour, please call us at 631.722.1516.
Can I come on the tour if I am injured or just don't want to pedal?
- We require 8 people to move the bike effectively, but there is bench seating along the back without pedals that allows for those who cannot or do not want to bike.
What should we bring?
- Bring cash for the tastings (tastings are not included in the tour price).
- Bring your ID! Everyone must be 21+ and have valid identification to prove it (even if you are well over 21) at both tour check in and at the various stops.
- Food and nonalcoholic beverages (in plastic containers) are allowed on board. NO ALCOHOL is allowed on the bike. None of the tour stops will not have food available so please come prepared if you tend to have a hungry group.
- Bring your signed waiver that is emailed to you along with your tour confirmation. You can also print the waiver here.
- Wear sneakers or comfortable shoes. Please do not wear flip flops or any slip-on shoes of any kind. They will make pedaling quite a challenge.
Can I buy beer from the breweries to take home with me?
- Please feel free to buy growlers or beers from the breweries you visit and we will store them for you until the end of the tour.
Can we tip the driver/tour guide?
- YES PLEASE. Tipping is not required but tips are greatly appreciated in exchange for a great tour experience. Your tour guide will work hard to make sure you have a good time!
What are the "Rules of the Tour"?
- You must stay with the group for the duration of the tour. You are not permitted to jump off at any point or leave the group for any reason and you may not abandon the tour by staying at the last brew stop. $100 will be charged to the credit card used to make the reservation if you fail to stay with the tour and return to the bike garage at the end of the tour.
- If there is any inappropriate behavior, BREW CREW CYCLES has the right to terminate the tour without rain check or refund. Examples of inappropriate behavior include, but are not limited to:
- Extreme Intoxication
- Public Urination
- Excessive Noise
- If you or someone in your party gets sick on the bike, there will be an automatic $100 charge to the credit card used for the reservation. We do not tolerate extreme intoxication!
Where does the tour start and end?
- The tour will start and end in the same spot. The address is 285 Pulaski Street, Riverhead and is on the corner of Pulaski Street and Hallett Avenue across from the Pulaski Street School. It is also about a 7 minute walk from the Riverhead LIRR train station - super convenient!
Will there be music on the tour?
- Absolutely! We will provide great tunes to pump you up on your way to and from the breweries and as long as it's socially acceptable, we will take requests.
What happens if I am running late?
- If you arrive late for your tour, the time will not be extended. The timing at the stops will be adjusted so the bike can return at the scheduled time.
Can I bring my pet?
- Unfortunately no. No animals of any kind are allowed on the bike.
I have booked two bikes - What can I expect?
- We do our best to have both bikes stay together as much as possible, but bike departures need to be staggered so as not to overwhelm the bartenders at each stop. One bike will go out 15 minutes before the other to give the group enough time to order their tastings or pints before the next tour arrives. Tour routes may also need to be adjusted for specific venues that cannot hold large groups on top of their current patrons.
Do I have to wear a helmet?
- Helmets are not required on the BREW CREW CYCLES tour but if you would like to wear one feel free to bring it along. BREW CREW CYCLES will not be providing helmets.